SPICY CILANTRO PESTO PULLED PORK SLIDERS
- Active Time : twenty five minutes
- Total Time : eight hours and twenty five minutes
- Serves : nine
- 7 pounds Smithfield bone-in pork shoulder blade roast
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 7 cups fresh cilantro loosely packed
- 1 cup Cotija cheese
- 1 cup almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups olive oil
- 1 large red onion peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 36 small refrigerated buttermilk biscuits dough or rolls, cut horizontally in half
Place pork roast in 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Pour broth or water over top of roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
Meanwhile, prepare cilantro pesto by placing cilantro, cheese, almonds, lime juice, chipotles, garlic and black pepper in food processor. Process until finely chopped and nearly smooth. With food processor running, slowly pour in olive oil and process until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until pork is ready.
Remove pork from slow cooker and and shred with tongs or two forks, discarding bone and any large pieces of fat. Toss pork gently with cilantro pesto in a large mixing bowl. Serve on rolls or biscuits, topped with red onion.