PULLED PORK QUESADILLAS
- Active Time : ten minutes
- Total Time : thirty five minutes
- Serves : four
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 8 to 10 inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups Smithfield pork butt made into pulled pork
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 cup salsa optional
Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Place baking sheet in oven to warm. Saute bell peppers in oil in 12 inch skillet over medium heat until browned and very tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside and wipe out skillet with a paper towel.
Arrange 1/2 cup of cheese and pulled pork on 1/2 of each tortilla, and top with bell peppers. Fold tortillas in half.
Place 1 tablespoon butter in skillet and melt over medium heat. Place two tortillas in skillet and cook until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn tortillas over and cook until browned on the other side and cheese has melted. Place tortilla on baking sheet to keep warm.
Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 filled tortillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 to 6 wedges and serve with salsa if desired.