OVER-THE-TOP GRILLED CHEESE
- Active Time : 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 30 Minutes
- Serves : 4
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Parkay® Original Squeeze
- 8 slices Healthy Choice® 7-Grain Bread
- 12 slices (3/4 oz each) Cheddar cheese
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine sugar, water, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Add pecans; stir until evenly coated. Remove pecans from saucepan with slotted spoon; place in 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Spread to form even layer in pan. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Spray large sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Spread pecans evenly on foil; cool completely. Break apart any pecans that are stuck together.
Spread Parkay onto 1 side of each of the bread slices. Place 4 of the bread slices, Parkay-sides down, into large nonstick skillet. Top each bread slice with 2 cheese slices, about 1/3 cup of the pecan mixture and 1/4 of the apple slices. Cover each with third cheese slice and second bread slice, Parkay-side up.
Cook over medium heat 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on both sides.