ORANGE CHICKEN VÉRONIQUE
- Active Time : 45 Minutes
- Total Time : 45 Minutes
- Serves : 6
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 such as pinot blanc or chardonnay cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup halved seedless green grapes
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side, or until browned on both sides. Drain excess oil from skillet.
Combine juice, wine, sugar, salt, marjoram and pepper; pour over chicken in skillet. Cover; reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear (170°F). Remove chicken from skillet, reserving liquid in skillet. Place chicken on serving platter; cover to keep warm.
Stir cornstarch and water in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add to reserved liquid in skillet, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended. Add grapes and orange peel; stir. Cook 2 minutes, or until sauce is thickened and translucent, stirring constantly. Spoon sauce over chicken.