APPLE FRENCH TOAST
- Active Time : 40 Minutes
- Total Time : 40 Minutes
- Serves : 4
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and halved
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Original-stick, cubed
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fat free half-and-half
- 1 1 cup = 8 oz cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices honey wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Cut each apple half into 8 slices and place in pie plate. Dot apples with Fleischmann's; sprinkle with brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the apple pie spice.
Cook apples in microwave on HIGH 4 minutes. Stir and spoon sauce over apples; cook 2 minutes more or until apples are tender.
Beat half-and-half, Egg Beaters, vanilla and remaining apple pie spice in shallow medium bowl until well blended.
Spray large griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Dip slices of bread into Egg Beaters mixture, turning to coat both sides. Place on griddle; cook 3 minutes or until evenly golden brown on each side and cooked through. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining Egg Beaters mixture and bread.
Top each serving evenly with apples. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.