ASIAN TUNA CAKES
- 1 12 ounce can solid white albacore tuna in water (12 ounce) drained
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups crispy Panko style plain bread crumbs divided
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce divided
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki marinade & sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-3 tablespoons +1 teaspoon sesame oil divided
- - waxed paper
In medium mixing bowl, combine tuna, egg, ¾ cup bread crumbs, green onions, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, 1 tablespoon chili sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon gingerroot and black pepper until well blended. Shape into 8 patties.
Place remaining bread crumbs into a shallow dish; carefully place each patty into bread crumbs, coating both sides. Layer patties between waxed paper in an airtight container and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, 1 tablespoon chili sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot until well blended. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
In large skillet, heat 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil over medium heat. Add tuna cakes, in batches if needed; sauté until golden brown (about 8-10 minutes), turning once. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and tuna cakes, if needed.
Serve tuna cakes with Asian dipping sauce.