EGGPLANT PARMESAN II
- 2 medium eggplants washed, dried
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- - grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
- 1 8 ounce package shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese (8 ounce)
- 2 cups tomato, garlic & onion pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Slice eggplant horizontally about ½-inch thick. Place a colander over a bowl. Toss slices with 2 teaspoons salt in colander; set aside for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
In a shallow dish, combine flour, remaining salt and pepper; dredge eggplant slices in flour.
In large skillet, heat enough oil to cover bottom of skillet over medium-high heat. In batches, sauté eggplant slices until golden brown on both sides, adding more oil as needed.
Place slices in bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking dish; top with mozzarella cheese. Pour sauce over mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.