BARLEY MUSHROOM PILAF
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure olive oil
- 1 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms (8 ounce)
- 1/2 cup sliced leeks or chopped onions
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup fancy shredded Italian style Parmesan cheese
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and leeks; salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until softened (about 5 minutes).
Stir in barley, chicken broth and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.