CREAMY SPINACH & PESTO SOUP
- Active Time : 25 minutes
- Total Time : 25 minutes
- Serves : 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon pure vegetable oil
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 32 ounce containers reduced sodium chicken broth (32 ounce) (or vegetable broth)
- 2 cups farfalle
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 tablespoons traditional basil pesto sauce & spread
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add spinach, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning; sauté until softened (about 3-5 minutes).
Add broth, pasta, half & half and pesto; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat; simmer until pasta is tender (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.