EGG DROP SOUP
- 1 32 ounce container organic low sodium chicken broth (32 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup sliced organic green onions divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 organic large brown egg beaten
In medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer; add half the green onions. Simmer 3 minutes.
Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Slowly stir corn starch slurry into chicken broth; stir until slightly thickened.
Slowly pour the eggs into the mixture while stirring the broth. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining green onions. Salt and pepper to taste.