BUTTERNUT SQUASH PIZZA
- Active Time : 15 minutes
- Total Time : 45 minutes
- Serves : 6 servings
- 1/2 20 ounce package frozen diced butternut squash (20 ounce) thawed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons 100% pure olive oil
- 2 cups sliced sweet yellow onions
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves divided
- 1 13.8 ounce package refrigerated pizza crust dough (13.8 ounce)
- 1 cup fancy shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or gorgonzola cheese
Toss squash with balsamic vinegar; transfer to a greased medium baking sheet. Bake in preheated 425°F oven 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add onions and apples; sauté about 4 minutes.
Reduce heat; continue sautéing until caramelized (about 10-12 minutes). Add half & half, garlic and 1 tablespoon sage; salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Prepare pizza dough according to crispier crust package directions; top with caramelized onion mixture, butternut squash and cheeses. Continue baking according to package directions.
Remove from oven and top with remaining sage.