PEACH PECAN PIE
- Active Time : 30 minutes
- Total Time : 1 1/4 hours
- Serves : 8 servings
- 1 15 ounce package Essential Everyday Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)
- 2/3 cup firmly packed Essential Everyday Light Brown Sugar divided
- 3 tablespoons Essential Everyday All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Essential Everyday Salt
- 6 cups peeled and sliced fresh yellow peaches (6-8 peaches)
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup Essential Everyday Butter
- - milk optional
- - Essential Everyday Granulated Sugar optional
Prepare pie crusts according to package directions for a two-crust filled pie (do not bake). Place on baking sheet; set aside.
In medium bowl, combine 1/3 cup brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add peach slices and pecans; toss to coat. Transfer peaches to pie crust.
In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and remaining brown sugar, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute. Let cool slightly. Pour over apple mixture.
Top pie with remaining pie crust and crimp edges according to package directions. Lightly brush crust with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar, if desired. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 45-55 minutes or until crust browns and juices bubble. Remove from oven; cool slightly.