PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 1 (2 pound) premium angus whole beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- - sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 3.5 ounce packages shiitake mushrooms (3.5 ounce) stems removed, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
Rub beef with olive oil; season with desired amount of salt and coat with black pepper. Place in a shallow roasting pan that has been sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
Roast in a preheated 425°F oven 35-40 minutes or until desired doneness is reached (135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium). Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Allow roast to sit 10-15 minutes (internal temperature will continue to rise to 145°F for medium rare and 160°F for medium while resting).
In large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add in mushrooms and thyme; salt and pepper to taste. Sauté 5 minutes. Add in cognac and sauté until evaporated. Add in cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring frequently 5 minutes. Serve with tenderloin.