STUFFED TURKEY MEDALLIONS
Wrapped in Butternut Squash Ribbons
- 1/2 8 ounce package cream cheese (8 ounce) softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons honey divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless turkey breast tenderloins (3 tenderloins)
- - butternut squash peeled
- 15 long fresh chives for tying
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with cooking spray. In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cranberries, 1 tablespoon honey, chives and cinnamon; salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined; set aside.
Cut each tenderloin into 5 sections; using a meat mallet, pound to ¼-inch thick; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, peel 15 (1½ x 4-inch) pieces of squash, creating very thin ribbon like pieces of squash.
To assemble, place about 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture in the center of turkey medallions; roll up. Wrap with squash ribbons so that the turkey seam is facing up and the ribbon seam is facing down. Gently tie with a chive, creating a bundle. Place on baking sheet.
In small bowl, combine melted butter, 2 tablespoons honey, garlic and cayenne; salt and pepper to taste. Brush over medallions. Bake in a preheated 475°F oven 12-14 minutes or until turkey reaches 170°F on an instant read thermometer. Serve warm or at room temperature.