HERB-PEPPERCORN ENCRUSTED ROAST
- 1/4 cup crispy Panko style plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (3-4 pound) premium angus boneless bottom round roast
In small bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, thyme, rosemary, pepper, oil and salt. Press over surface of roast.
Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of roast. Do Not Add Water. Do Not Cover.
Roast in a preheated 325°F oven 1½-2 hours. Remove roast from oven when meat thermometer registers 135°F. Do Not Overcook.
Tent with aluminum foil and let stand for 15-20 minutes (temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium-rare). Transfer roast to carving board. Carve into slices.