CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup all vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounce)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
In large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until creamed, scraping bowl often.
Reduce mixer to low; slowly add flour, baking soda and salt until well combined, scraping bowl often.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired). Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Tip: For chocolate chip bars, spread dough into bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.