APPLE CINNAMON OATMEAL MUFFINS
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons extra light tasting olive oil
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples
In large mixing bowl, combine apple sauce, milk, honey, oil, egg and cinnamon; whisk until well combined. Stir in oats; let stand 5 minutes.
Slowly stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until just combined. Stir in apples. Divide among 12 greased or lined muffin cups.
Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan to cool.