MINI TURKEY BURGERS
with Cucumber Dill Sauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt divided
- 3 tablespoons organic low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely diced peeled and seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese crumbles divided
- 3 teaspoons chopped organic fresh baby dill divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic divided
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped organic baby spinach
- 1 organic large brown egg
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground cayenne pepper
- 12 silver dollar buns sliced, toasted
- - lettuce, tomato, onions
In medium bowl, combine 6 tablespoons yogurt, sour cream, cucumbers, 2 tablespoons feta, 1 teaspoon dill, and ½ teaspoon garlic; salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
In large bowl, combine ground turkey, mushrooms, spinach, egg, remaining 2 tablespoons yogurt, 6 tablespoons feta, 2 teaspoons dill and 1 teaspoon garlic; salt and pepper to taste. Gently mix until just combined. Form into 12 patties.
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat; when hot add patties, in batches if needed. Cook, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 170°F on an instant read thermometer (about 8 minutes).
Spread buns with Cucumber Dill Sauce. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and turkey burgers.