BASIL CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
- Active Time : 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 1 Hour 0 Minutes
- Serves : 12
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 ounce bottle Wild Harvest Organic Ranch Dressing divided
- 1 12 ounce package Wild Harvest Organic Rotini Pasta
- 1 0.75 ounce package Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Basil Leaves
- - zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup pine nuts toasted
Combine chicken and ½ cup dressing in a 1-gallon recloseable food storage bag; seal. Toss to coat; marinate, refrigerated, 30 minutes or up to overnight.
Prepare grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill; grill 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170°F, turning once. Remove from grill and let stand 5 minutes; chop.
Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain. In blender, combine remaining dressing, basil leaves, lemon zest and lemon juice; purée. Salt and pepper to taste.
In large mixing bowl, combine pasta, chicken, cheese, tomatoes and basil dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate several hours or up to overnight. Toss with pine nuts just before serving.