BLACK BEAN BURGERS
- 3 cups cooked dried black beans divided
- 1/2 (4 ounce) can chopped jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2/3 cup crispy Panko style plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons pure vegetable oil
- 1 ripe avocado pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- - hamburger buns, lettuce, tomato slices
In a large bowl, mash 1 cup beans; set aside.
In a food processor, combine remaining 2 cups beans, jalapeños, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Process until mixture becomes a paste. Transfer to large bowl with mashed beans; add bread crumbs and stir until well combined. Salt and pepper to taste. Form into 6 patties.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add burgers; cook until browned on both sides (about 8 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a small bowl smash avocado; add mayonnaise and mix until well combined. Divide evenly among hamburger buns; top with burgers, lettuce and tomato.