BAKED MAC & CHEESE
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups fancy shredded Italian style Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups crispy Panko style plain bread crumbs
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic in butter 1 minute.
Whisk in flour; cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually add in warmed milk, whisking constantly until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and mixture comes to a boil.
Blend in cheeses (reserving ¼ cup shredded Parmesan); salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and continue stirring until cheese is melted.
Toss pasta with sauce and transfer to a greased 2½-quart baking dish. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Toss with bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over pasta.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.