BACON & JALAPEÑO MAC & CHEESE
- 1/2 16 ounce package thick sliced bacon (16 ounce) chopped
- 1/2 16 ounce package rigatoni (16 ounce)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk warmed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup jalapeño flavored kettle chips
In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels. Set aside.
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Whisk in flour; cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually add in warmed milk, whisking constantly until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until thickened and mixture comes to a boil.
Blend in cheeses and bacon; salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and continue stirring until cheese is melted.
Toss pasta with sauce and transfer to a greased 2½-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed chips. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.