- 2 medium eggplants washed and dried
- 2 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground natural sea salt divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- - organic extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- 2 cups organic marinara pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Slice eggplant horizontally about ½-inch thick. Place a colander over a bowl. Toss slices with 2 teaspoons salt in colander; set aside for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
In a shallow dish, combine flour, remaining salt and pepper; dredge eggplant slices in flour.
In large skillet, heat enough oil to cover bottom of skillet over medium-high heat. In batches, sauté eggplant slices until golden brown on both sides, adding more oil as needed.
Place slices in bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with mozzarella slices. Pour sauce over cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.