- Active Time : 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- Total Time : 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- Serves : 36
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Parkay® Original-stick, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 blanched whole almonds
- 25 drop red liquid food coloring
- 1-1/2 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
Beat Parkay and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Gradually add flour and salt; beating on low speed after each addition.
Roll dough into 3-inch-long finger shapes; place on prepared baking sheets. Press an almond firmly into one end of each to resemble fingernails. Squeeze in center of each to create knuckle shapes, and use a small sharp knife to make lines in several places to resemble knuckles.
Mix 25 drops of food coloring into 1-1/2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Paint almonds with food coloring using a clean artist’s brush.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets on wire racks 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.