SPICED CARROT CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Active Time : 2 Hour 0 Minutes
- Total Time : 2 Hour 0 Minutes
- Serves : 20
- 2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded fresh carrots
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- chopped walnuts, optional
Prepare Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line twenty 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt in bowl. Place eggs, granulated sugar, oil, buttermilk and vanilla in large mixing bowl; mix with an electric mixer on low until blended.
With mixer running, add flour mixture and then carrots. Mix until blended. Divide batter evenly into cups.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done in centers. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Prepare Frosting: Place cream cheese and butter in medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; blend until smooth.
Frost tops of cupcakes with frosting. Garnish with walnuts, if desired.