SLOW COOKER BEER-BRAISED BRISKET
- Active Time : 8 Hour 15 Minutes
- Total Time : 8 Hour 15 Minutes
- Serves : 8
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 pounds flat-cut beef brisket
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 cup dark stout beer
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 8 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, toasted
Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker and large skillet with cooking spray. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until browned on each side, turning once. Place beef in slow cooker.
Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook until fragrant. Add beer, stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of skillet. Add tomato paste and brown sugar to skillet; stir until blended. Pour mixture over beef in slow cooker.
Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours. Transfer beef to cutting board and cut into slices. Stir remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt into sauce. Serve beef on buns with sauce spooned over beef or for dipping.