- Active Time : 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Serves : 12
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 1/2 cup = 1 stick cup Blue Bonnet®-stick, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 container (16 oz each) vanilla buttercream frosting
Preheat oven 350°F. Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg into medium bowl; set aside.
Beat Blue Bonnet and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin and egg; beat until well blended. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating until well blended after each addition. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cake from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Spread with frosting. Sprinkle with walnuts, if desired. Cut into 12 slices to serve.