- Active Time : 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 30 Minutes
- Serves : 12
- 2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Parkay® Original-stick
- 1/3 cup dried currants, optional
- 3/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract
Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Cut in Parkay with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in currants, if desired. Add pumpkin, milk and brandy extract; stir just until blended.
Place dough on heavily floured surface; knead 30 seconds, or just until dough is no longer sticky. (Do not overwork dough.) Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into circles with 2-1/2-inch round biscuit or cookie cutter, rerolling dough scraps as necessary. Place, 1 inch apart, on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.