FOOTBALL CHEESE BALL
- Active Time : 1 Hour 25 Minutes
- Total Time : 1 Hour 25 Minutes
- Serves : 40
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 oz each) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces chorizo salami, finely chopped
- 1 stick (1 oz each) part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- Crackers, optional
In a large bowl completely mix together tomatoes, cream cheese, black beans, shredded cheese, green onions, salt and pepper. Place on a platter or plate and form into the shape of a football.
Next, evenly sprinkle on the chopped chorizo salami to cover the cheese.
Place the mozzarella slices on top of the chorizo to resemble football laces.
Chill 1 hour. Serve with crackers, if desired.