BEEFY COWBOY CHILI
- Active Time : 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 30 Minutes
- Serves : 8
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Gebhardt® Chili Powder
- 1 can (15 oz each) Ranch Style® Beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Sliced green onions, sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese and crushed corn chips, optional
Sprinkle steak pieces evenly with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in 6-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add steak, onion, garlic and chili powder. Cook 5 minutes or until steak is browned on all sides and onion is tender, stirring frequently.
Add beans, both undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar and red pepper; blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with optional toppings, if desired.