- Active Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 4-6 Hours
- Serves : 6-8 servings
- 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon chopped
- 1 (2- 2 1/2) pound Stockman & Dakota Boneless Chuck Shoulder Roast cubed
- 2 1.25 ounce packages chili seasoning mix divided
- 2 fresh Anaheim peppers seeded (if desired), chopped
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 28 ounce can hearty cut tomatoes drained
- 1 15 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 bottle (12 ounce) dark ale beer
In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp; transfer bacon to a slow cooker.
Meanwhile, season chuck roast with half of one package of chili mix. Add beef to bacon fat in skillet. Sauté until beef is browned; transfer to slow cooker.
In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 4-6 hours or LOW 8-10 hours or until beef is fork tender.