APPLEWOOD GRILLED CHICKEN
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 cup sweet applewood barbeque sauce
- 8 slices cooked applewood smoked bacon
- 4 1 ounce slices Monterey jack cheese (1 ounce)
Prepare grill to medium heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
Place chicken on grill. Grill 5 minutes per side. Baste chicken with barbeque sauce. Continue grilling until internal temperature reaches 170°F using an instant read thermometer and juices run clear.
Top with bacon and cheese. Grill 1 minute or until cheese is melted.