BACON & CHEDDAR DEVILED EGGS
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fancy shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
Place eggs in single layer in large pot with lid. Cover with cold water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and cover. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain water; rinse under cold running water until eggs are cooled. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
Remove shells from eggs. Cut eggs in half and scoop out yolks into a medium bowl. Set whites aside. Add mayonnaise, cheese, ¼ cup bacon, mustard, vinegar, chives and cayenne to yolks. Using electric mixer, mix until well combined and smooth.
Spoon or pipe egg mixture into egg white halves; top with remaining bacon bits. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.