BLACK BEAN SOUP...BETTER FOR YOU
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 14.5 ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth (14.5 ounce)
- 2 cups no salt added tomato sauce
- 3 cups cooked dried black beans
In large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots and garlic; sauté until carrots are softened (about 5-7 minutes).
Add in cumin and chili powder; stir until well mixed. Add chicken broth, tomato sauce and black beans; salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until carrots are tender and soup is slightly thickened.
Serve with baked tortilla strips, if desired.