HONEY MUSTARD SALMON CAKES
- 1 pound salmon fillets skin removed, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup soft ripe brie cheese rind removed
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed honey mustard & onion pretzel pieces divided
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely crushed Chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
Place salmon chunks and brie in food processor or blender; using on/off turns, coarsely grind salmon. Transfer to a large bowl.
Add 3/4 cup crushed pretzels, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, chives, dill and egg; salt and pepper to taste. Gently mix with hand or spoon until well combined. Form into 8 patties; set aside.
Combine pecans and remaining 1/4 cup pretzels in shallow dish; coat patties with pecan mixture, firmly pressing into patties.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add salmon patties; sauté until golden brown on both sides and internal temperature reaches 145°F on a food thermometer (about 8-10 minutes).
Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine remaining mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Mix until well combined. Serve with salmon cakes.