SPINACH ARTICHOKE RICE BAKE
- Active Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 1 1/4 hours
- Serves : 8 servings
- 2 cups parboiled long grain white rice
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 14 ounce can small whole artichoke hearts (14 ounce) drained and chopped
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach (10 ounce) thawed, well drained
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with oregano, garlic & basil (14.5 ounce) drained
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Prepare rice according to package directions, substituting 1 cup half & half for 1 cup water.
Add artichokes, ½ cup spinach, ½ cup Monterey jack cheese and eggs to rice; set aside. In large bowl, combine chicken, remaining spinach and tomatoes; set aside. In medium bowl, combine 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, cottage cheese and cayenne pepper.
Spread half of rice mixture into a 13x9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray; top with half cheese mixture and half chicken mixture. Repeat layers; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake, covered, in a preheated 375°F oven 15 minutes; remove cover and continue baking 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.