FRENCH ONION SOUP III
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure olive oil
- 1 12 ounce package frozen chopped onions (12 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup restaurant style garlic & butter croutons
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup fancy shredded Italian style Parmesan cheese
In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and thyme; salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook onions, stirring frequently, until golden brown (about 25 minutes).
Add broths; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ladle soup into 4 ovenproof soup crocks or bowls; place on a baking sheet. Top each crock with croutons and cheeses. Broil until cheese is browned and bubbly.