CREAMY SAUSAGE SOUP
- 1 teaspoon pure vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked Andouille sausage sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 32 ounce container reduced sodium chicken broth (32 ounce)
- 1 15 ounce can butter beans (15 ounce) rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic (14.5 ounce) undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup instant white rice
- 1 cup frozen chopped collard greens thawed
- 1 cup half & half
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage, onions, garlic and Cajun seasoning, sauté until sausage is browned (about 3-4 minutes).
Add broth, beans, tomatoes, water, rice and greens; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer until rice is cooked (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
Stir in half & half; heat through.