ASIAGO & GRUYÈRE POTATO GRATIN
- 1 1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped organic fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- - dash organic ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup organic half & half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 3 pounds organic russet potatoes peeled, thinly sliced
- - natural sea salt
In food processor or blender, combine cottage cheese, thyme, garlic and cayenne pepper; salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth. Slowly add half & half while processor is running. Set aside.
Combine Gruyère and Asiago cheese; set aside.
Layer one-third of potato slices in the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle potatoes with salt to taste. Pour one-third of cottage cheese mixture over potatoes. Top with one-third of shredded cheese mixture. Repeat two more times with remaining ingredients.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 50 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to stand 15 minutes before serving.