SPICED HOT COCOA
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups 2% milk
- - aerosol extra creamy dairy whipped topping
In large saucepan over medium heat, combine chocolate, water, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, cayenne and salt. Heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat. Slowly add milk; bring to a simmer, stirring constantly to avoid scorching.
Top with whipped cream, if desired.