CLASSIC PUMPKIN BARS
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar divided
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pure vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin (15 ounce)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese (8 ounce) softened
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
In large mixing bowl, combine ¾ cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and pie spice; beat with electric mixer until well combined, scraping sides of bowl often.
Add in pumpkin; continue mixing until well combined.
Reduce mixer to low and slowly add in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Continue mixing until well combined.
Transfer to a 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan that has been sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
In medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, remaining ½ cup granulated sugar and milk. Beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Spread over tops of bars.