BASIC CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Active Time : 1 hour
- Total Time : 1 hour
- Serves : 4-5 dozen
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup all vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
In large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until creamed.
Reduce mixer to low; slowly add flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
Stir in chocolate chips; drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.