CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- Active Time : 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 30 Minutes
- Serves : 6
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon organic ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground natural sea salt
- 1 container organic free range chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can organic black beans (15 ounce) rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can organic diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce) undrained
- 1 cup organic frozen sweet corn
- 1/4 cup chopped organic fresh cilantro
- - yellow corn tortilla chips optional
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken, cumin, chili powder and salt. Sauté until chicken is cooked through and slightly browned.
Add in chicken broth, beans, tomatoes and corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.