- 2 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 ribs organic celery hearts sliced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon natural sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 2 15 ounce cans organic tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 2 14.5 ounce cans organic diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce) undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons organic ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons organic dried oregano leaves
- 1/2-1 teaspoon organic ground cayenne pepper
- 1 15 ounce can organic pinto beans (15 ounce) rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can organic black beans (15 ounce) rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can organic garbanzo beans (15 ounce) rinsed and drained
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, celery, peppers, jalapeño, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until onions are translucent (about 5-7 minutes).
Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until celery and peppers are tender.
Add in beans and simmer until heated through (about 5 minutes).