SALMON & ASPARAGUS EGGS BENEDICT
- 2 teaspoon 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus trimmed
- 6 thick slices rustic Italian style artisan bread
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1.25 ounce packet hollandaise sauce mix (1.25 ounce)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 package (4 ounce) traditional cold smoked salmon
- 6 large eggs
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus; salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until asparagus is crisp-tender. Set aside.
Place bread on a baking sheet; brush with melted butter. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 5-8 minutes or until slightly browned. Top with smoked salmon slices; continue baking 1 minute. Top with asparagus spears; keep warm.
In medium saucepan, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Stir in tarragon; keep warm.
Poach or fry eggs to desired doneness; place eggs over asparagus. Top with hollandaise sauce; serve immediately.