LAMB & SPINACH CURRY
- 1 tablespoon pure vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ground lamb or pork
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala spice blend
- - cooked basmati rice
- - whole wheat Naan optional
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, ginger and garlic; sauté 3-5 minutes or until onions are tender.
Add in lamb; cook and crumble until cooked through. Add in potatoes, coriander, cumin, cayenne and salt. Sauté 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce; reduce heat and simmer 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in spinach; continue simmering 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and Garam Masala.
Serve with cooked basmati rice and Naan, if desired.