THAI SHRIMP STIR-FRY
- 2 bags boil-in-bag white rice
- 1 tablespoon pure vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms (8 ounce)
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 green onions sliced
- 3/4 cup bottled Thai peanut sauce
- - chopped party peanuts optional
Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
When hot, add peppers and carrots; sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue sautéing until softened.
Add shrimp and green onions; continue sautéing until shrimp is opaque and cooked through (about 6-8 minutes). Stir in sauce; bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and serve over rice; garnish with peanuts, if desired.