BEANS & RICE
- 1 tablespoon pure vegetable oil
- 1 14 ounce package Polska kielbasa ring (14 ounce) cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3 15 ounce cans pinto beans (15 ounce) rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can reduced sodium chicken broth (14.5 ounce)
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles (14.5 ounce) undrained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 cups instant white rice
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onions and peppers; sauté until onions are softened (about 3-5 minutes).
Add in beans, chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and thyme. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Stir in rice and continue simmering, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.