ULTIMATE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- Active Time : 15 Minutes
- Total Time : 40 Minutes
- Serves : 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Butter Kernel ® cut green beans , drained
- 1 1/3 cups French s ® French Fried Onions
- 4 slices cooked bacon , chopped
Heat oven to 375 degree F. Spray a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the soup, milk, cream cheese and pepper and whisk to combine. Add the green beans, 2/3 cup fried onions and bacon. Stir to combine and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup fried onions over the top and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes, or until the onions are browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: Sauting the mushrooms before adding them to the casserole extracts any excess liquid from them, which could make the casserole watery, and builds more flavor in the browning process.