HOLIDAY TRAIL MIX
- Active Time : 20 Minutes
- Total Time : 40 Minutes
- Serves : 20
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups Diamond walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 cup freeze dried bananas or banana chips
- 1 cup Ocean Spray dried cranberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bring brown sugar, water, butter, honey and extract to boil in a large saucepan. Let boil for a few minutes, then stir in oats, walnuts and extract.
Spread on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Stir and bake for 10 more minutes or until lightly browned.
Let cool completely, then stir in fruits and chocolate chips. Store in airtight container.